Jun 28th 2012
INHOUSE FULL TIME
Mayfair, LONDON, United Kingdom
Length Of Position
Bestinvest looks after over £4 billion of assets for its clients. It was founded 25 years ago and is backed by 3i. It offers a range of investment services from its online execution only service, Select, to investment advisory and investment management, as well as financial planning and tax efficient investment services. Bestinvest has won numerous awards for its services including ‘Self-Select ISA Provider of the Year 2011’ and ‘UK Wealth Manager of the Year 2011’ as voted by readers of the Investors Chronicle and Financial Times. Headquartered in Mayfair, London, Bestinvest has 20 regional offices with 200 staff.
We are currently looking for someone to join our existing team of 3 in-house developers as a Junior with a basic understanding of FileMaker Pro as a development environment for a four to six month contract. The job will also include providing help-desk support duties for our internal system users, analysing system issues and solving or escalating where necessary. This is a good opportunity for someone who has been building databases in FileMaker at a basic level and wants to continue to develop their skills using FileMaker further and build on teh knowledge they have.
• Basic understanding of developing solutions using FileMaker Pro is necessary, training support will be provided but some understanding of the software in general is required.
• Understanding of database design and data structure.
• Creative background is a plus.
• Must have a can-do attitude and enthusiasm to learn to develop using our development guidelines, as well as being able to take training materials and learn on your own initiative.
• Ability to complete tasks while under pressure
• You must be able to work in a team environment, taking direction from your supervisor.
• Good communication skills both written and verbal.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Working with the development team with day to day bug fixing and project work
• Supporting the business by answering help desk calls and investigating potential issues and reporting to the development team.
• Some data entry and other tasks may be involved
Send your resume to HR Team
Contact: HR Team